Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Training position battles

Spring training keeps rolling on, and some very unique situations within the Braves are coming up.
1. Center field- Josh Anderson vs. Jordan Schafer. Anderson was the favorite going it, with the ability to steal 30 bases, but the younger but all around better player Schafer, hitting 319. in Spring Training, could very well win the job.
2.Left field-The only question in left is whether or not Garret Anderson will be the full time starter, or if he will platoon with Matt Diaz. I think it should be a platoon, with Anderson coming off the bench as a much needed lefty. Anderson crushes righties, Diaz crushes lefties. Simple enough.

3.5th Starter-Assuming Glavine is hurt and or ineffective, which I totally expect, It'll be between Campillo, Parr, Hanson, and Bennett. I think it should be Hanson, but I doubt we bring him up till June. I really like Campillo here for now. He got wacked the second half of 08, but I think he can reinvent himself and come back strong. When Bobby calls you "Like Greg Maddux", you've gotta be in the starting rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment